Graphcard

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

COMMUNICATION, THE HEART OF EVERY RELATIONSHIP

Lying there with her on the bed, I was carefully searching for the right word and waiting for the time to tell her I wanted the relationship to end. I had endured the low moment in our one-year relationship. The misunderstandings, the give-me-sex now issue, the financial pressure, the fashion craze, the open-your-mouth-and-talk quarrels, and the very ward attitude of her family members. When you are angry with a situation, you grab every opportunity to do what you want. I was just looking for the right words to nail it. My girlfriend had once been an immaculate, faultless angel in my eyes. Tall, slim dark, curvy, perfect waist, full lips pointed nose and lovely eyes. She was everything I’d ever wanted. The early days in our lasting had brought me a new lease on life and romance. At some point, things had started going wrong; the attraction was dwindling fast because the pain in my heart was becoming unbearable. I was sex-starred. I had told her wanted her more often because it would be wrong to cheat on her. It was an ideal she welcomed. However, despite our new agreement, she was still not responding. I felt she being cruel and inconsiderate. I even searched the web to find out why a woman would not want sex often. The most annoying part was that when I wanted to talk things out, she would not talk. I started using certain names and adjectives on her and finally blurted out, ” I am the opinion that we gives ourselves some time”. She asked me if that was the best option. I said yes. In anger, I grabbed her cell phone, started looking in the sent folder and saw a message that was meant for me. It was a reply to one of mine but had not been delivered possibly because of network failure. It read:”…. I am tired of these relationship wahala. You should not be the only complaining of been in stared. I am too. The problem I have is the pain I am left with after each time we make love. I should have told you before now…” I ask her what it meant and she told me she was not comfortable with my favorite sex position, on hearing that, I immediately felt guilty but calm. I had been the cause of the problem. I blamed myself for failing to master the art of listening. Simply put, neither of us had learnt to communicate properly with one anther. Problems in a relationship are usually called by miscommunication. If verbal communication does not do the trick, it is our duty to find out which style of communication would work. It could be written body language. You have to find out which one is best. Save your love. Save your relationship. Learn to talk, learn to listen. Listen to communicate. Devise a means by which to do so. It is an integral part of love making. It is an art. Something is unspoken. Listen for it. I came so close to blowing our relationship. I had not been through enough or skilled enough to know my lady. Thank goodness the situation was rescued.

No comments:

Post a Comment